- You can find spirulina in the health food corner or supplement aisle of most grocery stores. Spirulina powder is usually located next to other powdered supplements, while spirulina tablets can be found next to bottles with pills.
- Some of the stores that sell spirulina include Holland and Barrett, Planet Organic, Amazon, Whole Foods, GNC, Walgreens, Walmart, Kroger, Safeway, Target, Trader Joe’s, and Publix.
- If you want to save yourself the time you’d spend on a trip to a grocery store to find spirulina, you can order the supplement online in many forms, including delicious and healthy sparkling spirulina drinks by FUL®.
- Spirulina is one of the best dietary supplements you can take because of its massive health benefits. For instance, it can help speed up metabolism, prevent cell degeneration, lower cholesterol levels in the body, maintain healthy blood sugar levels and blood pressure, and help to fight anaemia and many other diseases.
Where Is Spirulina In A Grocery Store?
Finding spirulina in ordinary grocery stores can sometimes be tricky. If it hasn’t caught your eye on your previous trips to the grocery store, try looking for spirulina supplements specifically in the health food aisle. You may find it next to other powdered greens or healthy ingredients that are not widely used.
If you didn’t succeed in finding spirulina in the health food corner, head on to the supplement aisle. Spirulina can be sold as a powder in jars and bags or in tablet form. If it’s packed in jars or bags, it will likely be located on the lower shelves along with other powdered supplements. If you’re looking for spirulina tablets, you’ll probably find them on the shelf with the bottled supplements.
Some stores sell spirulina in bulk bins, so if you haven’t found spirulina in other aisles, check your grocery store’s bulk section. If there’s no spirulina there, you might need to look in another store or go online to purchase the supplement. To make it easier for you, we’ve put together a list of stores that sell spirulina.
What Stores Sell Spirulina?
- Holland and Barrett
- Planet Organic
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joe’s
What Stores Carry Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica?
Hawaiian spirulina is the only type of spirulina cultivated in a Biosecure Zone, which means it’s certified to be free of herbicides, pesticides, and industrial pollutants. Just like regular spirulina, Hawaiian spirulina has high levels of antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. If you’re looking specifically for this type of organic spirulina, check out stores like Amazon, Safeway, Kroger, Whole Foods, and different supplement websites. Unlike FUL® Spirulina, Hawaiian Spirulina still has a strong taste.
There Are Easier Ways To Add Spirulina To Your Diet
Going to store after store looking for spirulina can be time-consuming and exhausting, especially since there’s no guarantee that you’ll find the supplement there. Some people also have a hard time implementing this supplement into their diet, finding the time to make food or beverages enriched with spirulina, and getting used to spirulina’s unusual flavour.
Luckily, there’s an easy solution to this problem. If you purchase sparkling spirulina drinks from FUL® online, your delicious and healthy ready-to-drink spirulina beverages will arrive at your doorstep. All you need to do after that is open a bottle of FUL® and enjoy the refreshing boost of nutrients and antioxidants while spending the time you’ve saved on a hobby.
More About Sparkling Spirulina Drinks by FUL®
Sparkling spirulina drinks by FUL® are healthy soft drinks that offer all the nutrients found in spirulina while effectively masking spirulina’s unpleasant taste. They are an excellent option for those who want to include spirulina in their daily diet but don’t have time to cook food and beverages that can be used to hide its earthy taste. FUL® beverages are available in a variety of flavours, so you’ll definitely find one that will satisfy your taste buds!
Sparkling spirulina drinks by FUL® are also a healthy alternative for people looking for substitutes to conventional fizzy drinks. Just like a can of Cola or Sprite, each bottle of FUL® gives you all the satisfaction of having a cold carbonated drink. However, instead of consuming unnecessary calories, sugar, and harmful chemicals, you get a boost of essential nutrients that promote your health! Check out our website to discover our drinks and learn more about spirulina and its health benefits.
How To Store Spirulina?
Spirulina powder or tablets can be stored in a container in a cool, dry place, but keep in mind that they won’t last for a long time when kept this way. The best option is to buy small amounts of spirulina that will last you a few days or weeks. However, if you want to increase spirulina’s shelf life, keep it in the fridge or freezer. That way, it’ll last longer and retain its original texture.
Health Benefits Of Spirulina
Because of spirulina’s high nutritional value, it’s often referred to as a superfood. Spirulina contains digestive enzymes and essential fatty acids that help keep our brain and nervous system functioning normally. These enzymes and fatty acids make up around 7 per cent of spirulina’s weight. At the same time, around 60 per cent of spirulina’s weight is comprised of protein, which is why this blue algae can be used as an excellent source of vegetable protein. Since spirulina is an blue algae, it is suitable for can be added to any plant-based diet.
Whether consumed as a powder, tablets, or carbonated drink, spirulina offers numerous health benefits:
- Spirulina aids in weight loss by speeding up the metabolism and keeping you feeling full for longer. Spirulina is often recommended as a dietary supplement in any healthy weight-loss diet.
- Spirulina’s antioxidative properties postpone ageing and cell degeneration which is caused by many factors, including free radicals, poor nutrition, seasonal factors, and stress.
- This blue algae can prevent and help fight anaemia, as it is a good substitute for iron supplements. Spirulina also helps ensure the normal function of the immune system.
- Spirulina can lower the levels of LDL or “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, at the same time boosting the levels of HDL or “good” cholesterol. This is very beneficial for heart health, as triglycerides block the arteries, which puts you at risk for developing many diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and pancreatitis.
- Spirulina can reduce inflammation, alleviate joint pain, and prevent osteoporosis.
- Research suggests that spirulina can make you more energetic while reducing stress and fatigue.
- One study has found a link between spirulina supplement consumption and lowered sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Spirulina helps improve concentration and memory.
How To Take Spirulina?
You can include spirulina in your diet in the form of pressed tablets, powder, or sparkling spirulina drinks by FUL®. You can take spirulina tablets without any food or water, but it’s better to mix spirulina powder with food. If you don’t like spirulina’s earthy and seaweed flavour, try FUL® sparkling drinks to get all the benefits without experiencing its off-putting taste.
Does Trader Joe’s sell blue spirulina?
Yes, you can purchase spirulina in the form of pressed tablets at Trader Joe’s. However, Trader Joe’s does not yet sell FUL® beverages.
Is spirulina safe to take every day?
Yes, spirulina is safe to take every day, but it’s recommended not to take more than 8 grams of this blue algae daily. As with any supplement, you should consult your doctor before adding it to your diet.
What does spirulina do for the body?
Spirulina contains essential vitamins and minerals that help maintain a healthy immune system. This supplement is especially rich in vitamins E, C, and B6. Spirulina also helps boost the immune system and lower the levels of cholesterol and sugar in the blood.
Who should avoid spirulina?
Spirulina will not make a good addition to your diet if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, have diabetes, autoimmune disorders, or phenylketonuria.